Version française ici.
On the frontpage
The team completed a first version of the questionnaire on the representations and practices of the scientific world in the context of climate change. The team members are pretesting it with a few research staff to check the team members on colleagues to check that it fits all contexts and all disciplines. The aim will is to send the final questionnaire to a large panel of research staff before the summer.
- A "Teaching" group has been. The aim of the group is to provide pedagogical material on all climate-related questions.
- A text on the responsability of the higher education and research sector with discussion and inputs from the team was produced. This is text is to be published.
- The independent initiative "Scientists workday for future" was discussed within the team.
- A group of 10 people gathered to write a short note on the higher education and research sector orientations in regard to a COVID recovery plan that would be desirable given the environmental crises we are facing and in the context of the "LPPR" draft legislation.
The main projects of the team are currently
- to develop the new website of Labos 1point5 and to migrate it on the servers of a CHATON, Le PIC, thanks to the support from the volunteers of this association,
- to finalize the development of the GES-1point5 tool jointly with the "Carbon footprint" team
- to migrate our internal communication system (Mattermost) from Framateam to the CHATON Picasoft in order to lift the 175 person limit and be able to welcome all team members (new user limit will be 2000 persons).
Discussions started between the Sustainable Development task force, the scientific board of the CNRS, and our steering group. These discussions have led to the proposition of a "Groupement de recherche" (GDR). This GDR is currently in preparation and could federate some of the scientific activities of the collective (especially concerning the GHG assessments of laboratories using GES-1point5) but also enable the collective to benefit from financial, logistic and administrative support from CNRS.
Call for participation for the organization of the 1p5 colloquium
Twenty-six initiatives are now listed on our website. If there is one in your lab, get in touch so that we can update the webpage!
News and calls outside Labos 1point5
Ideas are always welcome, feel free to contact us!
Signature: The steering group, Floriane Clément and Tanguy Fardet for the communication team, special thanks to Maxime Garnier for the translation.